PNW Guns Forum
Go Back   PNW Guns > Gun Forum > Bolt Action Rifles

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: Seattle area
Posts: 50
Arrow New Ruger GSR polymer mags

Ruger has come out with 3rd, 5rd and 10rd polymer mags for the GSR. Ruger wants close to $40 @. CTD has them for $27 and change @.


Scout-308-Mag-M77-10P-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

77925 - Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle 10 Round Magazine, Black Polymer

I had picked up a 5rd from Ruger before I found tham available at CTD.


Be safe,
boomer
 
Join PNW Guns


Welcome to PNW Guns, a gun and firearm community for gun owners in the Pacific Northwest. We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the PNW Guns family!


Old 11-20-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
Marksman
 
Joined: May 2011
From: Woodinville WA
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer1 View Post
Ruger has come out with 3rd, 5rd and 10rd polymer mags for the GSR. Ruger wants close to $40 @. CTD has them for $27 and change @.


Scout-308-Mag-M77-10P-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

77925 - Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle 10 Round Magazine, Black Polymer

I had picked up a 5rd from Ruger before I found tham available at CTD.


Be safe,
boomer

Wait. So they can't make enough rifles that I can buy one, but they're coming out with optional magazines?
 
Old 11-20-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: Seattle area
Posts: 50
Yeah, I know....go figure!!!!

I feel the same way as you do about the availability of the Ruger SR-1911....
 
Old 11-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
Marksman
 
Joined: May 2011
From: Woodinville WA
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer1 View Post
Yeah, I know....go figure!!!!

I feel the same way as you do about the availability of the Ruger SR-1911....
Yeah, I gave up on the SR1911 ages ago. And I'm glad I did. My Sig 1911 is twice the pistol, and possibly the best gun I've ever owned. So despite wasting 3 or 4 months trying to track an SR1911 down, the story has a happy ending!

However, I'm still hopeful on finding a Scout.
 
Old 11-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #5
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: Seattle area
Posts: 50
Thumbs up

Hmmmm.... I checked out your Sig 1911.... that certainly looks like a very nice pistol, reasonable price point, considering it is a Sig! Are you aware if it is available in a stainless steel version? If it is, well.... my wallet may have to go back on life support...again...lol....

P.S. I got my GSR at Discount Guns in Federal Way. They are not affiliated with the other similarly-named stores in Kirkland, Lake City Way, etc....

Be safe,
boomer
 
Old 11-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Marksman
 
Joined: May 2011
From: Woodinville WA
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer1 View Post
Hmmmm.... I checked out your Sig 1911.... that certainly looks like a very nice pistol, reasonable price point, considering it is a Sig! Are you aware if it is available in a stainless steel version? If it is, well.... my wallet may have to go back on life support...again...lol....

P.S. I got my GSR at Discount Guns in Federal Way. They are not affiliated with the other similarly-named stores in Kirkland, Lake City Way, etc....

Be safe,
boomer
The sig 1911s are forged stainless frame and slide. They have the standard sig nitron finish found on the classics (p226, 229, 220, etc.), which is basically IonBond. But you can get them in silver too. They have, I believe only 3 MIM (metal injection molded) parts. They have a match barrel and trigger. They have checkering on the front and backstrap (and it's a metal backstrap unlike kimbers in the same price range). The guns are all the same from the lowest price "tacpac" to the highest price model. The difference is strictly sights, grips, finish options, and add ons like MagWells. Lastly, they are Made in the United States of gosh-darn America! Compare that to something like a springfield. Single best value in a high quality 1911 out there.
 
Old 11-22-2011, 07:16 AM   #7
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: Seattle area
Posts: 50
Lightbulb

Okay, you have infected me with the Sig 1911 bug.... I actually like the looks of your model more and more (best price point).... no need to look for stainless model, or fancy wood grips. I can always get different grips later if I want. I believe that I can order one from a LGS for ~740 (+ WA state tax), which would put it at ~815..... That seems like a reasonable price for the Sig?

Thanks for the tip! Yep, it looks like my wallet will be going back on life-support systems....lol...

boomer
 
Old 11-22-2011, 07:40 AM   #8
Marksman
 
Joined: May 2011
From: Woodinville WA
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer1 View Post
Okay, you have infected me with the Sig 1911 bug.... I actually like the looks of your model more and more (best price point).... no need to look for stainless model, or fancy wood grips. I can always get different grips later if I want. I believe that I can order one from a LGS for ~740 (+ WA state tax), which would put it at ~815..... That seems like a reasonable price for the Sig?

Thanks for the tip! Yep, it looks like my wallet will be going back on life-support systems....lol...

boomer
Check out the selection at Low Price Guns in Kirkland. Their website isn't perfect, but it's pretty good and they are local. They have lots of shiny silver sigs! They even have two tone, and carry models, and... Be aware that the fancy "custom shop" ones with the burl handles., tend to CA and MA compliant, meaning they have a magazine disconnect safety. That's a deal killer for me. If it's not for you, there are a couple of pretty ones right up your alley for around $850
 
Old 11-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #9
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: Seattle area
Posts: 50
Kirkland?

I have done business with Jason at Low Price Guns in Bellevue, on Northup. Actually, it was his website that I saw your Sig listed and I agree.... I don't wan't or need all of the CA/MA compliant stuff.

$740.11 - Sig Model 1911 XO Black Semi Automatic Pistol - 45 ACP - 5 in - Ergo Grip - XO Black Finish - 8RD - 191145BXO

I am about ready to order myself a nice holiday gift for myself. I have been looking hard for a Ruger SR1911, but as you pointed out.... the SIG is a great pistol.

boomer
 
Old 11-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
Marksman
 
Joined: May 2011
From: Woodinville WA
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer1 View Post
Kirkland?

I have done business with Jason at Low Price Guns in Bellevue, on Northup. Actually, it was his website that I saw your Sig listed and I agree.... I don't wan't or need all of the CA/MA compliant stuff.

$740.11 - Sig Model 1911 XO Black Semi Automatic Pistol - 45 ACP - 5 in - Ergo Grip - XO Black Finish - 8RD - 191145BXO

I am about ready to order myself a nice holiday gift for myself. I have been looking hard for a Ruger SR1911, but as you pointed out.... the SIG is a great pistol.

boomer
Sig Tacpac. for $20 more, you get a third magazine, a pancake holster, and a speed loader. That's what I got. Same gun.$761.91 - 1911T45TACPAC 1911 45 HLSTR/EXT MAG
 
Old 11-23-2011, 04:16 PM   #11
Marksman
 
Joined: May 2011
From: Woodinville WA
Posts: 255
Also if you're a more modern style boy, I've seen the railed Tacpac which has a picatiny rail, and adds a laser in the box for about the same price, just not at Low Price Guns.
 
Old 11-26-2011, 08:21 AM   #12
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jun 2011
From: Seattle area
Posts: 50
Thumbs up

I am now waiting to hear the word from Low Price Guns (LPG) when I can pick up my new Sig 1911 XO 45 Nitrox. I was quite impressed with the pistol after doing some research. Last week I was up in Skagit county and stopped by a gun store, they had a Nitrox, but they thought very highly of it. But, I really like the feel, fit and finish of the pistol. The stainless XO availability is quite spotty, and LPG had the Nitrox model in stock. It will be my holiday gift to myself. Thanks for your advice.

Happy holidays,
boomer
 
Old 11-26-2011, 01:59 PM   #13
Marksman
 
Joined: May 2011
From: Woodinville WA
Posts: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer1 View Post
The stainless XO availability is quite spotty, and LPG had the Nitrox model in stock. It will be my holiday gift to myself. Thanks for your advice.

Happy holidays,
boomer
yeah. The XO has basically been discontinued as a "stand alone" item except for Cali and Maine, where it will continue to be available with the mag disconnects as the XO. Everywhere else it will only be available as part of the TacPac, and only in the Nitron, not the silver. the cool thing is the laser etching of the "XO" is also going away, even in the communists states, so if you are getting one with the etching, it will be a rarity.

I guess Sig realized "we had all figured it out", and that they are selling their top of the line gun, without nitesights and without expensive wood grips, and calling it an entry level gun When the XO first came out it was basically parkerized. So with the less expensive parkerized finish, cheaper sights, and grips, it made sense. But now it's just sights and grips.

It is a great gun. From a rest 1.5 inch 5 shot groups at 25 yards is standard for me, with 3 of 5 making a cloverleaf. Great gun. I'm looking for a good adjustable rear sight for mine.
 
Old 11-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #14
Gunslinger
 
CanucksFan's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
From: Kennewick, WA
Posts: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer1 View Post
Ruger has come out with 3rd, 5rd and 10rd polymer mags for the GSR. Ruger wants close to $40 @. CTD has them for $27 and change @.


Scout-308-Mag-M77-10P-Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.

77925 - Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle 10 Round Magazine, Black Polymer

I had picked up a 5rd from Ruger before I found tham available at CTD.


Be safe,
boomer
Great find, Thanks!
 
Reply

  PNW Guns > Gun Forum > Bolt Action Rifles

Tags
gsr, mags, polymer, ruger



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook @pnwguns PNW Guns RSS Feed

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2009 - 2010 PNW Guns. All rights reserved.