PNW Guns Forum
Go Back   PNW Guns > PNW Guns > Gun Rights

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
KC
Peashooter
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: Seattle
Posts: 7
Magpul suspended all LE sales to ban states

NEWS

01-Mar-13 22:35
REGARDING LEO SALES

March 1st, 2013



Back in 1990, when I was deployed in Desert Shield and Desert Storm as a Marine grunt, some companies prioritized me items for my M16 for shipping that I purchased with my own funds. After getting out and forming Magpul in 1999, I established the same priority policy for Military and Law Enforcement, due to the requirements of their profession.



The same policy has been in place for 13 years now and has never been an issue until a few days ago. I do not support the idea that individual police officers should be punished for the actions of their elected officials. That said, I understand the concerns that some have with Law Enforcement officers getting special treatment while at the same time denouncing second amendment rights to another citizen in the same state.



With the fight in Colorado right now we do not have time to implement a new program, so I have suspended all LE sales to ban states until we can implement a system wherein any Law Enforcement Officer buying for duty use will have to promise to uphold their oath to the US Constitution - specifically the second and fourteenth amendments - as it applies to all citizens.
 
Join PNW Guns


Welcome to PNW Guns, a gun and firearm community for gun owners in the Pacific Northwest. We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the PNW Guns family!


Old 03-21-2013, 06:41 AM   #2
Gunslinger
 
yance1270's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: tacoma
Posts: 86
if only more companies would follow your great example.. thank you
 
Old 03-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #3
Marksman
 
Fast Eddie's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 266
I wonder if Magpul intends to follow through with their threat to leave the state, now that the bill has been signed by their Governer.
 
Old 03-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
Marksman
 
ShelbyGuy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Lacey, Wa
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
I wonder if Magpul intends to follow through with their threat to leave the state, now that the bill has been signed by their Governer.
"Apparently Gov Hickenlooper has announced that he will sign HB 1224 on Wednesday. We were asked for our reaction, and here is what we said:

We have said all along that based on the legal problems and uncertainties in the bill, as well as general principle, we will have no choice but to leave if the Governor signs this into law. We will start our transition out of the state almost immediately, and we will prioritize moving magazine manufacturing operations first. We expect the first PMAGs to be made outside CO within 30 days of the signing, with the rest to follow in phases. We will likely become a multi-state operation as a result of this move, and not all locations have been selected. We have made some initial contacts and evaluated a list of new potential locations for additional manufacturing and the new company headquarters, and we will begin talks with various state representatives in earnest if the Governor indeed signs this legislation. Although we are agile for a company of our size, it is still a significant footprint, and we will perform this move in a manner that is best for the company and our employees.

It is disappointing to us that money and a social agenda from outside the state have apparently penetrated the American West to control our legislature and Governor, but we feel confident that Colorado residents can still take the state back through recalls, ballot initiatives, and the 2014 election to undo these wrongs against responsible Citizens."

quoted post from their facebook 03/18/2013
 
Old 03-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Marysville
Posts: 76
all I can think of is the DIRECT impact that signing has on the employees that will lose thier jobs, and those families.
 
Old 03-22-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
Sniper
 
richardlpalmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,318
Here's to it not being signed and forcing their hand...
 
Old 03-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #7
Moderator
 
sunofnun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: s. greenlake bitch
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra525 View Post
all I can think of is the DIRECT impact that signing has on the employees that will lose thier jobs, and those families.
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardlpalmer View Post
Here's to it not being signed and forcing their hand...
It WAS signed..

Magpul IS leaving. They claim their first magazines will roll off new assembly lines in 30 days (outside colorado). They have also stated they will be moving all of their operations completely out of colorado in the coming months.

Many states are soliciting them and offering incentives for them to come.
I would imagine families might have the opportunity to follow along.. magpul seems like that kind of company.


To the fucking asshole politicians in colorado :

Magpul paid 85 million in taxes last year, good luck making that up with the new flower shops that will open up in the "safer gentler colorado"

You just pissed of a very large amount of voters, and lost a lot of local jobs WAY TO SERVE YOUR STATES RESIDENTS.
 
Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #8
Sharpshooter
 
GixxerPete's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Renton, WA
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofnun View Post
It WAS signed..

Magpul IS leaving. They claim their first magazines will roll off new assembly lines in 30 days (outside colorado). They have also stated they will be moving all of their operations completely out of colorado in the coming months.

Many states are soliciting them and offering incentives for them to come.
I would imagine families might have the opportunity to follow along.. magpul seems like that kind of company.


To the fucking asshole politicians in colorado :

Magpul paid 85 million in taxes last year, good luck making that up with the new flower shops that will open up in the "safer gentler colorado"

You just pissed of a very large amount of voters, and lost a lot of local jobs WAY TO SERVE YOUR STATES RESIDENTS.
'Like'
 
Old 03-22-2013, 08:53 AM   #9
Sniper
 
richardlpalmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,318
+ Dos
 
Old 03-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #10
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Marysville
Posts: 76
Josh, I know it was signed. I read it.

My comment was to those people that will lose thier jobs because of it. I would bet the majority of them wont relocate with the company.

Shitty.
 
Old 03-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
Moderator
 
sunofnun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: s. greenlake bitch
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra525 View Post
Josh, I know it was signed. I read it.

My comment was to those people that will lose thier jobs because of it. I would bet the majority of them wont relocate with the company.

Shitty.
I hear ya..

I was assuming folks who work there would be pretty PRO 2A. You know.. pretty heavy in the firearms industry. Kind of a lifestyle choice. (not like folks who work at say a Hewlett Packard printer assembly plant - no relevance to lifestyle)

I know it would be tough, but if our state pulled some bullshit like this I'd be looking to buy a cowboy hat and move to shitty ass texas.

big house and a pool.. and some air conditioning.
 
Reply

  PNW Guns > PNW Guns > Gun Rights

Tags
ban, citizens, magpul, sales, stands, states, suspended



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook @pnwguns PNW Guns RSS Feed

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2009 - 2010 PNW Guns. All rights reserved.