PNW Guns Forum
Go Back   PNW Guns > PNW Guns > Gun Rights

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2015, 10:07 PM   #1
Rifleman
 
qballrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: South Puget Sound
Posts: 241
Question Concealed Carrying in Canada

We were discussing a weekend trip to Victoria Island sometime this summer. How does a CPL holder get authorized to carry in Canada? Their website is a little confusing. Any non-LE gone there in the past couple years? I'd appreciate direction on this...

Thanks!
 
Join PNW Guns


Welcome to PNW Guns, a gun and firearm community for gun owners in the Pacific Northwest. We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the PNW Guns family!


Old 04-23-2015, 07:10 AM   #2
Marksman
 
RK600's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Amboy, WA
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballrail View Post
We were discussing a weekend trip to Victoria Island sometime this summer. How does a CPL holder get authorized to carry in Canada? Their website is a little confusing. Any non-LE gone there in the past couple years? I'd appreciate direction on this...

Thanks!
You don't. The practice of CCW is illegal in Canada. I work with the RCMP and this has come up before. Don't bring pepper spray or any knives over three inches either. Leave all your weapons at home if you plan to cross the border. As a matter of fact, you can't even OWN a handgun without a permit to do so in Canada.

Last edited by RK600; 04-23-2015 at 07:17 AM.
 
Old 04-23-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
Rifleman
 
qballrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: South Puget Sound
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK600 View Post
You don't. The practice of CCW is illegal in Canada. I work with the RCMP and this has come up before. Don't bring pepper spray or any knives over three inches either. Leave all your weapons at home if you plan to cross the border. As a matter of fact, you can't even OWN a handgun without a permit to do so in Canada.
Wow. So tourists can't protect themselves. Guess they don't need my money either. LOL

Thanks for the heads up tho.
 
Old 04-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #4
Marksman
 
RK600's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Amboy, WA
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballrail View Post
Wow. So tourists can't protect themselves. Guess they don't need my money either. LOL

Thanks for the heads up tho.
Ever wonder why our retard northern poster never talks about any kind of pistol, only long guns? Now you know. I had quite the frank and open conversation with some of the upper RCMP officers about it. They were really surprised when I told them Washington was a shall issue state, just pass a BG and go. They were all really interested in moving here after that.....

Last edited by RK600; 04-23-2015 at 09:17 PM.
 
Old 04-23-2015, 09:35 PM   #5
Rifleman
 
qballrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: South Puget Sound
Posts: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK600 View Post
Ever wonder why our retard northern poster never talks about any kind of pistol, only long guns? Now you know. I had quite the frank and open conversation with some of the upper RCMP officers about it. They were really surprised when I told them Washington was a shall issue state, just pass a BG and go. They were all really interested in moving here after that.....
For the record, I'm not Native to Washington State.
 
Old 04-24-2015, 07:01 AM   #6
Marksman
 
RK600's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Amboy, WA
Posts: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballrail View Post
For the record, I'm not Native to Washington State.
Yeah, well, you like guns and other things. Not your typical transplant. You can stay.
 
Old 04-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #7
Rifleman
 
qballrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: South Puget Sound
Posts: 241
I don't consider them toys, if that's what you are inferring. I take them and protecting myself and my family very seriously. Telling someone to "leave them at home" is inference that weapons are toys and not the tools they truly are. It is a responsibility I take quite seriously. Also for the record... �;)� yes, I like guns, but not in the sense of model trains, computers...

Last edited by qballrail; 04-24-2015 at 03:54 PM.
 
Old 10-13-2015, 12:21 AM   #8
Peashooter
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Klamath Falls, Oregon
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by qballrail View Post
Wow. So tourists can't protect themselves. Guess they don't need my money either. LOL
My only comment would be who you'd be protecting yourself from, a Canadian? Now that is funny.
 
Old 10-18-2015, 11:35 AM   #9
Rifleman
 
qballrail's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: South Puget Sound
Posts: 241
Yeah, just because it's illegal nobody carries a gun. Criminals follow the law. Oh wait, Canadians are perfect, they would NEVER break the law. Yeah. You go on thinking that.
 
Reply

  PNW Guns > PNW Guns > Gun Rights

Tags
canada, carrying, concealed



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook @pnwguns PNW Guns RSS Feed

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2009 - 2010 PNW Guns. All rights reserved.