PNW Guns Forum
Go Back   PNW Guns > PNW Guns > Gun Rights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2016, 08:55 AM   #1
Joined: Sep 2016
From: Portland
Posts: 1
Ex felon wanting to restore gun rights-possible ??

Hello all, I'm new to this site. I entered a plea of no contest when I was 15 years old as minor to a measure 11 crime that didn't involve any weapons. At the age of 36 years old I have no new convictions can I restore my gun rights? Any info will help, I'm an Oregon resident.
Join PNW Guns

Welcome to PNW Guns, a gun and firearm community for gun owners in the Pacific Northwest. We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the PNW Guns family!

Old 09-10-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
RK600's Avatar
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Amboy, WA
Posts: 293
Originally Posted by voodoogodman View Post
I just called James O'Rourke (Gun Rights Attorney, Restoration of Gun Rights Lawyer Portland, OR Criminal Defense Lawyer)

Turns out this law can be kind of misleading. It doesn't give felons their rights back. It only lowers the crime of possession to a misdemeanor. He said the only way to restore your rights is to apply to have the felony expunged.

I know this is a pretty old thread, but anyone looking, as I did, for information on this topic may find it and wonder.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
Joined: Oct 2016
From: US
Posts: 2
Appeal it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2016, 08:46 AM   #4
Joined: Aug 2014
From: Ferndale
Posts: 25
Being that you were convicted as Juvenile Your Juvenile Records should have been sealed.Juvenile Felony should have no effect on Adult Status.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:41 PM   #5
mjn's Avatar
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Tri-Cities, Wa
Posts: 395
Originally Posted by Arnbo View Post
Being that you were convicted as Juvenile Your Juvenile Records should have been sealed.Juvenile Felony should have no effect on Adult Status.
I would have thought that as well, but a buddy of mine ran into the same situation..
He's purchased several firearms over the years without issue, but when he applied for his CCP, he was denied due to an issue he had when he was 17 yrs old.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:01 AM   #6
Joined: Feb 2017
From: LPortland, Oregon
Posts: 1
Does anyone know who the lawyer was who was commenting on another thread about this? His first name is Todd. His username is: Thuegli
Old 02-24-2017, 08:58 PM   #7
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Banks
Posts: 2
Reach out to an attorney at the Short Law Group in Tigard. Restoring gun rights is one of their specialities. Portland Criminal Defense Attorneys | Short Law Group, P.C
Old 02-25-2017, 08:58 AM   #8
Joined: Feb 2017
From: wasilla, AK
Posts: 2
easiest way to find out is to go into a gun store and apply to buy a weapon, they will run a quick check and let you know if legal or not very quickly, usually while you wait....after that you can always change your mind and not buy it

  PNW Guns > PNW Guns > Gun Rights

felon, gun, restore, rightspossible, wanting

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Facebook @pnwguns PNW Guns RSS Feed

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2009 - 2010 PNW Guns. All rights reserved.