PNW Guns Forum
Go Back   PNW Guns > PNW Guns > Gun Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Corvallis OR
Posts: 72
I sold a 10-22 for $555

Seriously, a very nice all metal SS with a sportview scope. Some of you guy's might be sitting on a gold mine. Sold on GB. Ken
 
Join PNW Guns


Welcome to PNW Guns, a gun and firearm community for gun owners in the Pacific Northwest. We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the PNW Guns family!


Old 01-29-2013, 02:04 PM   #2
Sharpshooter
 
koorbloh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Lynnwood, WA
Posts: 870
jfc....you must be joken.....











badumTIS
 
Old 01-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
Rifleman
 
thejrod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Marysville, WA
Posts: 196
Not surprised.
People keep bitchin about price gouging.... but the stuff is selling.
There's a big difference between paying MSRP and waiting 12 months (and the chance that it's be legal then), or paying 2x MSRP and getting it in your hot little hands right now.
 
Old 01-29-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
Gunslinger
 
MadManx's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Kirkland-Miami
Posts: 46
I wonder what I could get for one of my PDW's...
 
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #5
Sniper
 
richardlpalmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejrod View Post
Not surprised.
People keep bitchin about price gouging.... but the stuff is selling.
There's a big difference between paying MSRP and waiting 12 months (and the chance that it's be legal then), or paying 2x MSRP and getting it in your hot little hands right now.
This.

I feel compelled to complain because I don't see these prices staying this way and want something now at yesterday's prices. But at the same time, I have to look at things realistically and realize they aren't...
 
Old 01-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #6
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jan 2012
From: Portland Oregon
Posts: 39
yup everyone laughed at the first $1000 ruger 10-22 on nwfa last month including myself. You got pretty close at $555 I am humbled by the panic prices, just wait until that first wave of tax checks show up and whats left dries up.
 
Old 01-30-2013, 04:16 AM   #7
Marksman
 
Joined: Jan 2010
From: Bend, Or.
Posts: 472
I really wish I had a second rra as they are worth almost 3k at the moment. No way I'm selling my only one...
 
Old 01-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 18
OK, call me stupid, but... how? Was it worked over? I don't understand how the prices on 10-22's could be climbing so high... it's just a 10-22

Don't get me wrong, good job, but...huh?
 
Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 AM   #9
Peashooter
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: oregon
Posts: 7
It's pretty easy to dump $1000 in a 10-22 when you use high end receivers and barrels. Box stock it's a fun little $200 gun.
 
Old 01-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #10
Sharpshooter
 
GixxerPete's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Renton, WA
Posts: 845
I liken this bullshit to other bullshit like assholes selling bottled water for $5 or more at events. I'm cool with people making a profit and all, but there's making a profit, and outright gouging just because you can get away with it. You can buy like 24 or 36 packs of water for $4 at any grocery store. Charging a dollar a bottle would be a HUGE profit margin already, $5 is just highway robbery and pure greed. If someone running one of those drink stands caught on fire, I'd charge them $100 to piss on them to put it out... or maybe I'd just let em burn.

So yeah, I have equal disdain for people gouging prices on guns & ammo etc because they think they can, and there's suckers willing to pay. There is no way in hell I would 5 times what I know a gun or ammo is really worth. These aren't real world supply & demand prices, these are bullshit capitalism at it's very worst prices, and I won't pay on principal alone. I just won't be buying any more guns any time soon or do much shooting this year, unless this crap blows over and things get back to normal.
 
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
Rifleman
 
thejrod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Marysville, WA
Posts: 196
Nobody has to pay those prices. The fact that they are paying, is just basic economics.

Most new guns are 12+ months out if your order them. No wonder used gun prices are higher - they're available now!

I could list my AR for $1500 right now, but I'd get 50 people wanting it in the first hour. Once it turns into a bidding war, I'd have no problem taking the highest bid.
 
Old 01-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #12
Sharpshooter
 
GixxerPete's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Renton, WA
Posts: 845
Well until the dust settles, there's no way in hell I'm selling any of my guns, on the chance that somehow the new AWB does get passed and you can't get them anymore. Whatever profit I might make just wouldn't be worth it for me personally.

Now if I had a gun I wanted to sell anyway, I still wouldn't gouge. I have only sold a few guns, and then only to friends, and I would never gouge my friends. In fact, I've always given my friends a pretty good deal, less than I could get on say gunbroker or whatever. But that's just me.
 
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 AM   #13
Moderator
 
sunofnun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: s. greenlake bitch
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejrod View Post
Nobody has to pay those prices. The fact that they are paying, is just basic economics.

Most new guns are 12+ months out if your order them. No wonder used gun prices are higher - they're available now!

I could list my AR for $1500 right now, but I'd get 50 people wanting it in the first hour. Once it turns into a bidding war, I'd have no problem taking the highest bid.

I see your point pete.. but it's a very unstable market that is in a place of panic/frenzy buying.

Obviously it goes to the state of our nation.. and how people feel about the 2nd.

It's like any other sport.. boats and bikes are worth a premium in spring.. and die down during summer.


Here's another scenario for ya:

Dirt bikes are liscenseable. Lots of guys have some great Liscensed bikes. New legislation comes up that takes these plates away, but grandfathered bikes can keep their plates.

Guys would be scrambling their asses off to get bikes registered.. Pricing (locally) would go up for hardware/parts to get the bike legal. Bikes that were pre registered would be worth a premium.

Now make that a national mandate vs. local state model..

the shit would be crazy.. not as bad as guns, but it would affect pricing. Possibly indefinitely?

During the last ban that ended in 1994 Pre-Ban became a actual term that held value.. it meant a gun was "grandfathered" that value stayed in place until the ban ended..


so bitch if you want, but the shit you had is worth more.. the shit you want to buy has gotten more expensive.. it could be short term or not.
 
Old 01-31-2013, 09:44 AM   #14
Sharpshooter
 
GixxerPete's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Renton, WA
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofnun View Post
I see your point pete.. but it's a very unstable market that is in a place of panic/frenzy buying.

Obviously it goes to the state of our nation.. and how people feel about the 2nd.

It's like any other sport.. boats and bikes are worth a premium in spring.. and die down during summer.


Here's another scenario for ya:

Dirt bikes are liscenseable. Lots of guys have some great Liscensed bikes. New legislation comes up that takes these plates away, but grandfathered bikes can keep their plates.

Guys would be scrambling their asses off to get bikes registered.. Pricing (locally) would go up for hardware/parts to get the bike legal. Bikes that were pre registered would be worth a premium.

Now make that a national mandate vs. local state model..

the shit would be crazy.. not as bad as guns, but it would affect pricing. Possibly indefinitely?

During the last ban that ended in 1994 Pre-Ban became a actual term that held value.. it meant a gun was "grandfathered" that value stayed in place until the ban ended..


so bitch if you want, but the shit you had is worth more.. the shit you want to buy has gotten more expensive.. it could be short term or not.
Ok I'll play... so if it normally cost say $100 to get a bike plated, and in light of new legislation the price goes up to $1000, I simply wouldn't pay that much on principle alone. I'd get over it and stick to trails rather than get raped in the ass with no lube. Nor would I pay a ridiculous price for a used bike just because it was plated. Just not worth it, at least to me.

Just like an AR I know is worth $750 no way in fucking hell would I EVER pay $3000 for it. Perhaps I have the luxury of a owning a decent array of guns, so I was never able to buy another as long as I lived, I'd be bummed but I'd still be ok. I suppose someone that doesn't have any guns and really wants one might think differently. But I would sure hate to pay $3000 for a rifle that's really worth $750 and 6 or 8 months from now, it's selling for $750 again. Kinda like in 08.
 
Old 01-31-2013, 12:57 PM   #15
Moderator
 
sunofnun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: s. greenlake bitch
Posts: 1,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerPete View Post
Ok I'll play... so if it normally cost say $100 to get a bike plated, and in light of new legislation the price goes up to $1000, I simply wouldn't pay that much on principle alone. I'd get over it and stick to trails rather than get raped in the ass with no lube. Nor would I pay a ridiculous price for a used bike just because it was plated. Just not worth it, at least to me.
So with that arguement.. you won't buy any guns, or ammo.

You will take up archery?







lol you know I'm being extreme.. but for peeps who were on the fringe (about owning or collecting guns) this was a catalyst to bring a bunch of noobs into our sport/way of life.

The pool got crowded quickly.. and guys (or girls) are worried. They're going to pay a premium to enter a space where we've all been for 1, 3, 5, 35+ years.



 
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #16
Sniper
 
richardlpalmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,318
Case in point, I have a friend who "always wanted" an AR. He's relatively new to guns in general, too. But once word around the campfire started up about a potential ban he went into action. He's just a newer enthusiast than others, so he doesn't already have a collection.

It's interesting to me though. It seems like there's always something similar (a correlation of sorts) between my hobbies. With guitars there's the "Brazilian rosewood". Mainly illegal these days, but grandfathered in. And people pay a premium for it because of the rarity...
 
Old 01-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #17
Sharpshooter
 
James's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
From: Pacific NW
Posts: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerPete View Post
I liken this bullshit to other bullshit like assholes selling bottled water for $5 or more at events. I'm cool with people making a profit and all, but there's making a profit, and outright gouging just because you can get away with it. You can buy like 24 or 36 packs of water for $4 at any grocery store. Charging a dollar a bottle would be a HUGE profit margin already, $5 is just highway robbery and pure greed. If someone running one of those drink stands caught on fire, I'd charge them $100 to piss on them to put it out... or maybe I'd just let em burn.

So yeah, I have equal disdain for people gouging prices on guns & ammo etc because they think they can, and there's suckers willing to pay. There is no way in hell I would 5 times what I know a gun or ammo is really worth. These aren't real world supply & demand prices, these are bullshit capitalism at it's very worst prices, and I won't pay on principal alone. I just won't be buying any more guns any time soon or do much shooting this year, unless this crap blows over and things get back to normal.
NOBODY took the 'Buyers money' out of his wallet. The BUYER spent his own money. It was HIS to do with however he wanted!
While you may not pay that price, others will. Then wonder why they can't sell their gun/motorcycle/car for half of what they bought it for.
 
Old 04-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jan 2013
From: Corvallis OR
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerPete View Post
I liken this bullshit to other bullshit like assholes selling bottled water for $5 or more at events. I'm cool with people making a profit and all, but there's making a profit, and outright gouging just because you can get away with it. You can buy like 24 or 36 packs of water for $4 at any grocery store. Charging a dollar a bottle would be a HUGE profit margin already, $5 is just highway robbery and pure greed. If someone running one of those drink stands caught on fire, I'd charge them $100 to piss on them to put it out... or maybe I'd just let em burn.

So yeah, I have equal disdain for people gouging prices on guns & ammo etc because they think they can, and there's suckers willing to pay. There is no way in hell I would 5 times what I know a gun or ammo is really worth. These aren't real world supply & demand prices, these are bullshit capitalism at it's very worst prices, and I won't pay on principal alone. I just won't be buying any more guns any time soon or do much shooting this year, unless this crap blows over and things get back to normal.
I was just reading this old post of mine and need to respond to the above.
I SOLD IT AT A AUCTION. GUNBROKER IS AN AUCTION. I DID NOT GOUGE ANYONE. THE END
 
Old 05-20-2013, 05:28 AM   #19
Peashooter
 
Joined: May 2013
From: New York
Posts: 5
You have done this in a better way. It seems to be a good deal. You did a good business.
 
Old 05-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #20
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Feb 2013
From: West Richland
Posts: 17
Odd of you to bump an old thread.

Mindblue, huh. Did you blow your mind?

...and every time I hear or see the words "New York", the words "get a rope" come to mind. Especially in this forum.
 
Old 05-20-2013, 11:08 PM   #21
Sniper
 
richardlpalmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trusty Wrench View Post
Odd of you to bump an old thread.

Mindblue, huh. Did you blow your mind?

...and every time I hear or see the words "New York", the words "get a rope" come to mind. Especially in this forum.
And he did do, "a good business", so you know...
 
Old 05-21-2013, 08:20 AM   #22
Sharpshooter
 
GixxerPete's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Renton, WA
Posts: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by joken View Post
I was just reading this old post of mine and need to respond to the above.
I SOLD IT AT A AUCTION. GUNBROKER IS AN AUCTION. I DID NOT GOUGE ANYONE. THE END
Well I guess that just proves PT Barnum was right.
 
Reply

  PNW Guns > PNW Guns > Gun Talk

Tags
$555, 1022, sold



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook @pnwguns PNW Guns RSS Feed

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2009 - 2010 PNW Guns. All rights reserved.