PNW Guns Forum
Go Back   PNW Guns > PNW Guns > Gunsmithing

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: Tacoma
Posts: 27
Bluing services

As the title says I'm looking for a place locally(Tacoma/Seattle) that still does hot bluing.
 
Join PNW Guns


Welcome to PNW Guns, a gun and firearm community for gun owners in the Pacific Northwest. We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the PNW Guns family!


Old 10-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
Moderator
 
sunofnun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: s. greenlake bitch
Posts: 1,683
hmmm.. I'll ask around. My dad has done a it but not for years..


most guys are cerakoting these days..
 
Old 10-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: Tacoma
Posts: 27
That's what I'm finding and I may go that way but I have a hard time willingly doing it to a gun made in 1958.
 
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Dec 2012
From: Washington State
Posts: 18
Carl's Repair
Oakville, WA
206.273.5174
 
Old 01-23-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
Moderator
 
sunofnun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: s. greenlake bitch
Posts: 1,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLATT View Post
That's what I'm finding and I may go that way but I have a hard time willingly doing it to a gun made in 1958.
OH yeah, hold out.. bluing is the way to go!

What is the gun?
 
Old 01-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #6
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: Tacoma
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofnun View Post
OH yeah, hold out.. bluing is the way to go!

What is the gun?
It's a Remington 511 Scoremaster .22 that I got from my dad that he bought with his birthday money when he was a kid. I'm looking to restore it and give it to my son for graduation this spring.
 
Old 01-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Rifleman
 
KrautBurner's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Bremerton, Wa
Posts: 185
I know of a guy in Port Orchard who does it

Daugherty's Guns - Washington - FFL gun dealers directory

Daugherty's Guns
Licensee Name: Daugherty, Micheal E
4388 Phillips Rd Se
Port Orchard, WA 98366
Phone: 360-265-3330
 
Old 01-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
Moderator
 
sunofnun's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
From: s. greenlake bitch
Posts: 1,683
wow, nice splatt I love the idea of passing a family heirloom along!


hopefully you can get it looking like this:

 
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
Gunslinger
 
Joined: Jan 2011
From: Tacoma
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrautBurner View Post
I know of a guy in Port Orchard who does it

Daugherty's Guns - Washington - FFL gun dealers directory

Daugherty's Guns
Licensee Name: Daugherty, Micheal E
4388 Phillips Rd Se
Port Orchard, WA 98366
Phone: 360-265-3330
Thanks I'll have to give him a call

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunofnun View Post
wow, nice splatt I love the idea of passing a family heirloom along!


hopefully you can get it looking like this:

It may not be quite as nice as that one due to some pitting from 30 some years of storage but I'm hoping to get it close.
 
Reply

  PNW Guns > PNW Guns > Gunsmithing

Tags
bluing, services



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook @pnwguns PNW Guns RSS Feed

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2009 - 2010 PNW Guns. All rights reserved.