PNW Guns Forum
Go Back   PNW Guns > Pacific Northwest > Oregon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #1
Metonymy's Avatar
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Washington
Posts: 370
Oregon Concealed Carry Reciprocity

Or lack thereof...

An informational post for those who want to know:

Concealed Handgun, License to Carry - Oregon Licenses, Permits and Registrations

Updated: 12/21/2007

Description: It is unlawful possession of a firearm for a person to knowingly carry any firearm concealed upon their person or possessing a handgun that is concealed and readily accessible to the person within any vehicle. To legally carry a concealed handgun you must obtain the License to Carry a Concealed Handgun. You apply for this license at your local Sheriff's Dept.

Firearms carried openly in belt holsters are not concealed within the meaning of this section.

Generally there is no reciprocity with other states concealed handgun licenses. If you want to carry a concealed handgun in Oregon, you will need an Oregon Concealed Handgun License.
Join PNW Guns

Welcome to PNW Guns, a gun and firearm community for gun owners in the Pacific Northwest. We welcome everyone and the community is free to join so register today and become part of the PNW Guns family!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
koorbloh's Avatar
Joined: Jan 2009
From: Lynnwood, WA
Posts: 870
if this is news to you, you obviously don't spend enough time in oregon

(just unload your gun as you cross the border)
Old 02-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
Joined: Feb 2009
From: Forest Grove, OR
Posts: 177
Just give it to me when you get here and I'll carry it!!!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #4
Joined: Dec 2009
From: springfield, oregon
Posts: 10
Look up USA Carry - Open and Concealed Carry Information and Community for reciprocity states. Oregon and Washington state do not recognize each other, that is why I have an Oregon CHL AND a Utah CWL. The non-resident Utah CWL allows you to carry in 31 states including Washington.

The nonres Utah class cost $85 and then you send your safety class certificate along with a fingerprint kit ($16) and $65 with Utah Bureau of Criminal Indentity application to Utah. Utah license is 5 yrs and only costs $5 to renew.

Unfortunately the non res Utah CWL would not give you Oregon concealed carry, but you could get a non-resident Oregon CHL. Again, just check out that map on USA Carry - Open and Concealed Carry Information and Community and click on the state and then your status as a resident or non-resident to show the states that honor you particular state.

If you would like any more info PM me.
Springfield, Oregon

Last edited by sooeey2u; 01-14-2010 at 04:10 PM. Reason: added more info

  PNW Guns > Pacific Northwest > Oregon

carry, concealed, oregon, reciprocity

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Facebook @pnwguns PNW Guns RSS Feed

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2009 - 2010 PNW Guns. All rights reserved.